Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How many people does it take...

OK, it wasn't a lightbulb, but I locked my purse in my trunk when I was at the church today. The purse contained BOTH sets of car keys.

It looked for all the world like you could gain access to the trunk from the back seat if you could just figure out HOW.

Let's see, I got input by phone or physical labor from Spring, Sue, Becky, Joe, Darrell, Richard, Dan and Barbara Hagar, Johnna, the Russellville Mazda dealer, the AAA helpline dispatcher, people I don't remember, and (drumroll, please), the heroes of the day, Mark and a guy named Robert from Crain in LR where I bought the car.

Mark got Crain's phone number from the internet, this guy Robert kept conversing with other employees, and the THIRD time he called me back, he had the solution! There was a "secret button" (not in view) about where your knees hit when you're sitting in the driver's seat of the car. That's the best way I can explain it.

I solemnly swear that from now on I'll keep my spare set of keys somewhere besides in my purse, and I'll try to find the owner's manual and put it in the car, too!

It was great having friends who cared, and it reminded me of this quote:

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job.
--Laurence J. Peter

I also lost my wedding ring this morning, and I got stuck in my seat belt this afternoon.

.
(Did I say that out loud? Oops, now maybe you'll decide I DID do a permanent job today.)

9 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Me said...

    I'd do it again!!

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Good! I'll invite you to my next disaster, too!

    You really made it kinda FUN! I appreciated your coat hanger entertainment!

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Summer said...

    How long were you stuck in your seatbelt? Can we dub you the current record holder for the most consecutive mishaps in under eight hours?

    I loved BSF today and I know it's going to be exactly what I need. Thanks for inviting me!

    Love ya!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    "I'm honored to receive the title, and I want to thank all the little people out there who supported me" *spoken while doing the princess wave*

    As for the seatbelt, you had to be there! I'd picked up Samantha and Emily from school, and we were parked to go into Harvest Food, and we actually had to abandon that plan and drive away! I fiddled with it, Samantha fiddled with it, and Emily even tried to fiddle with it!

    Our new plan (Samantha's idea) was to park at the Es house and after making sure nobody was watching, I'd try to loosen it and slide through. I think it would have worked--either that or I would have had my head stuck until Lisa or Mark got home!!!

    But I fiddled with it as I drove, and it released me on the way to the Es house.

    Never did find my ring. Luckily, it wasn't an expensive diamond ring. I lost that one about 35 years ago.

     
  • At 11:26 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Golly gee, Kathy - you had quite a day - makes me kindof worried! - Hey, I remember when you invited me to BSF - Yea!!!

     
  • At 6:03 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Don't worry, it's not the beginning of Alzheimer's. I promise I won't be goofy when we sit in those rocking chairs in the nursing home someday.

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

    That cracks me up! Ask Lisa what "I" did yesterday. Or what my son did that involved, should I say airing a little of my dirty laundrey!

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Sure - I bet you won't be goofy!!! ha -

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Well, I probably won't be any goofier than you. BFF!!

    Steph, blog that story, ok? I haven't heard it yet, but I dare you to blog it! Ha!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home