Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Sunday, October 07, 2007

PLEASE PRAY FOR A BABYSITTER!


Joyce Meyers says there's a spiritual principle
about sowing into someone ELSE'S life and reaping in your OWN. I thought about that when Lisa's mother thanked me this morning for the things I do at Mark and Lisa's house. She is an awesome mother and grandmother, and she would LOVE to do the things I do, but she can't because she doesn't live here.
.
So now I'm wondering if this principle could apply in MY life. I am sowing into the lives of other young working mothers, and I'm wondering if MAYBE I could reap by someone ELSE sowing into MY daughter's life.
.
Here's the deal. Ginger has to go back to work next month, and we REALLY don't want Lainey to go to day care unless absolutely necessary. The rows of cribs give me the creeps because they look like cages, and there's NO WAY she could get much attention. I would LOVE to go to Cabot and babysit Lainey myself every day if I could, but it's too far. Joe and I plan to go every Wednesday, but that still leaves 4 other days.
.
We need someone to babysit Lainey, and Ginger has exhausted all her leads. We don't want to hire a stranger, of course--the woman would have to come with a personal recommendation by someone trustworthy.
.
We need her by November 7. Today is October 7. That gives us exactly ONE MONTH month to pray, bloggerbuddies. Please ask God to send Lainey a sweet babysitter, ok? I know it would be a lot more likely if Ginger were involved in a church with lots of networking opportunities, but STILL--God can do ANYTHING!
.
(I promise to pray for something for you sometime!)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

    I am praying!
    Something will work out - it did for me. And you are right about you about sowing seeds in others lives. I just heard Joyce Myers say that, If we sow seeds in others lives, God will produce Harvest our lives. I think this is true. If that is the case for you - Ginger should have someone knocking on her door asking to keep Lanie for free! I would if I lived in Cabot.

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks, Steph! That encourages me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home