Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Monday, July 03, 2006

That's What I'm Talking About!!

(Title of this post stolen from Napolean Dynamite and T-Mark.)

OK, so I'm a LITTLE anal to be so concerned about it, but sure enough, I messed up on my very first post by saying "comma" when I meant "apostrophe" and I'm SURE my English teacher daughter read it and was thoroughly embarrassed by her mother!

NOW I understand why an article I read said "successful bloggers..aren't afraid of getting things wrong in public."

Now I'm afraid to write anything else. So I'll post something that I think is hilarious, but if you don't like satire or don't know who Bob the Tomato is, you won't appreciate it.

This interview was conducted at Larknews headquarters in downtown Denver on February 19.

Larknews: Are you surprised by the continuing success of VeggieTales?


Bob: (laughs) Absolutely. It's kind of ridiculous, but I'm enjoying it.

Larknews: Do you care to comment on Gary Rushmore's — AKA, Mr. Lunt's — moral failure?

Bob: (sighs) There are so many rumors swirling around — yeah, he blew it. I'll say that much.

Larknews: In what way?


Bob: There was a young intern on the set. The whole cast and crew were tired out trying to finish Jonah. He found himself in a vulnerable position and made a mistake. It could have happened to any of us, really.

Larknews: It's been hard on you?

Bob: Very hard. Gary's a friend, a founding member of VT. For his sake we've tried to keep it quiet so he can work through it without too much scrutiny.

Larknews: Do you think his reputation as "the Love Songs guy" may have made him feel like the resident Casanova?

Bob: That may have had something to do with it, but I can't speak to that. This is between Gary and God right now.

Larknews: Can I ask what Gary's situation is now?

Bob: He's chosen to go through a restoration process, which I admire him for. It's funny. When somebody blows it outside the church, people forgive quickly. Hugh Grant, Robert Downey, Jr. — the list goes on. But Christians tend to eat their wounded.

Larknews: People wonder who wrote some of the more popular videos, like Josh and the Big Wall?

Bob: Everything we do is a collaboration between Larry and me.

Larknews: Meaning?

Bob: Meaning that for every 30-minute video, I write the first 11 minutes and the last 11 minutes, and Larry writes the middle 8. Or vice versa.

Larknews: How is it having such a close writing partner?

Bob: Overall, it's the best working relationship-slash-friendship I could hope for, but like anything it can be tough. After a while I get on his nerves, he gets on mine and we have to take some time away. That's normal. A couple years ago during [Madame] Blueberry we weren't sure wanted to keep doing VeggieTales. We thought we'd have to give up the work to save the friendship, but we stuck with it and we're stronger for it, I think.

Larknews: What are some of your fears?

Bob: (sips water) Fear of over-ripening. Bruising. Your standard fears.

Larknews: Why stay in Chicago? Why not move VT to L.A.?

Bob: Climate. I'd rot in 3 days in L.A. During the summers I go north to Canada. We all do. For self-preservation.

The Lark: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Bob: You mean if God grants me a long shelf life? (laughs) I guess I'll still be doing kids

videos, if I'm not too wrinkly.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the International Worship Insitute (FINALLY!!), so I may not post for awhile. Since I don't have a readership, I don't guess it matters! Ha!

Outta here,
Kathy

4 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM , Blogger Me said...

    VeggieTales ROCK!!!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    How true, you can't take yourself too seriously and worry about apostrophes or commas...it,s all just going to come out in the wash, right?

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Me said...

    Thanks, you two!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Oops, that previous message was really from me. I forgot that Mark was logged on to my computer. (He has been using it some here at the Worship Institute.) It's way too early to THINK! You wouldn't believe what a long and wonderful and energy-expending day we had all day yesterday and well into the night! I bet I've lost 5 pounds from the walking and dancing, and YES, I RAN with Spring last night on "I Am Free!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home