Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Junk-Eating



I absolutely LOVE the comic strip "Cathy." Lately she has been looking at Christmas crafts magazines, which I didn't relate to AT ALL. But today's cartoon I related to!

Cathy (reading from one of her magazines): Buy an inexpensive basket. Spray paint it red. Decorate it with glitter. Wrap with festive ribbon. Fill with homemade gingerbread people decorated to look like all the members of the recipient family.

Irving: Why?

Cathy: Oh, forget it, Irving! Only another woman can understand the true meaning of the gift.

Then her mother spills the beans: After four hours of work, you get to eat some cookie dough!

Cathy: The other meaning!

Her mother: If you go all out and make frosting, you can also lick the beaters!

I have an online friend who has lost 113 lbs! Yes, and she looks great! Yet she posted this today: "Friday I made peanut butter balls that I make every year and freeze till I use them for gifts or for the family! Last year I had not a one! NOPE NOT A ONE! But this year I ate 12 of them."

I wonder how Christmas morphed from being a HOLY DAY to a GLUTTONY MONTH?! And I wonder how torturous it's gonna be for me to keep my "no sweets" vow for another 40 days? I'll have to lean REAL HARD on the grace of God, that's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home