Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Monday, July 10, 2006

Speeding down the road

Today I have to go to Little Rock for a meeting, so this is an appropriate time to post a driving story--

A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also a blonde. The blonde officer asked to see the blonde driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated. 'What does it look like?' she finally asked. The policewoman replied, 'It's square and it has your picture on it.' The driver finally found a square compact mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. 'Here it is,' she said. The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, 'Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop.'

Hey, that reminds me of a true story from the IWI (I don't know why!). Annette and I got off the elevator on the wrong floor and went to the room we THOUGHT was ours. Two big guys were standing in the door. I said, "This is our room!" and then looked at the room number on the wall, said "Oops!" and took off running back toward the elevator, "sans Annette." She had noticed a whole box of bottles of booze by the door, so she HAD to stay and tell them that we (WE!!) were drunk on the Holy Spirit! Afterwards, she reminded me that I had said I would die for her, yet I took off running without her! Annette embarrasses me sometimes, but that just makes my life more interesting!! I really DO think I'd die for her--I just don't want to witness to drunk guys with her!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger laurajo said...

    I happen to know from personal experience that the last thing a drunk wants to here about is God. If they do know Jesus, they just begin to feel guilty. And if they don't know him, they just get angry. Unless, they are a really happy drunk, and then they just think that you're a fruit-loop. Either way, I am glad that Annette had the courage to witness to them.
    Love Ya.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home