Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Monday, December 11, 2006

The end of an era

For ten years I have been driving to Little Rock regularly for staff meetings, and tonight I made the drive for the very last time. Talk about a weird feeling! It was always nice to see my co-workers and catch up on their lives. We've seen changes in our hair color and changes in our weight. We've seen changes in people and changes in programs. We've seen marriages and divorces and deaths and births. Everyone cared about everyone else. I'll always be grateful to God for the opportunity to have such a wonderful job.

Will I miss it?

WHAT, ARE YOU CRAZY? I CAN READ BOOKS INTO THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT AND SLEEP UNTIL NOON! I CAN GO OUT AND RUN WHENEVER THE TEMPERATURE IS THE BEST! I CAN GO TO CURVES WHEN IT'S NOT BUSY AND GET THEM TO PLAY MY FAVORITE MUSIC! I CAN TAKE LEISURELY TRIPS TO DENVER TO SEE MY GRANDCHILD! I CAN READ ALL THE ONLINE MAGAZINES THAT I'VE SUBSCRIBED TO ON MY COMPUTER AND HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO READ! I CAN CONDENSE MY 69 JOURNALS INTO ONE BOOK! I CAN PLAY WITH EMILY IN THE DAYTIME WHILE HER MOM DOES OTHER THINGS! I CAN HELP MORE AT CHURCH! I CAN SCRAPBOOK! I CAN ORGANIZE! I CAN EVEN LEARN TO COOK! (REALLY!)

But it was nice while it lasted. Thanks, LSOs, for the memories! YOU I will miss! The job? Naah!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home