Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Sunday, December 03, 2006

A NICE DAY!



I had a great Sunday! Joe and I went to the Waffle House for breakfast, and I had a yummy pecan waffle with sugar-free syrup. (Joe had a chocolate chip waffle, which is what I'll order when I get the freedom to do so!)



Then we went to the traditional church service, which we both enjoyed. The platform was decorated beautifully for Christmas (THREE lighted trees, a mantle, lighted wreath, several candles, advent candle, etc.), we sang traditional carols, and Mark sang an awesome solo.

I stayed for the third service, and then my little Sisters in Support group went to El Parian for lunch. (I didn't eat anything because I was still full from the waffle!)



Then we went to see The Nativity movie. It was GREAT!! Annette, you'll love it after being there! Nazareth, Bethlehem, the Sea of Galilee, Jerusalem, the Judean wilderness (you really have to SEE IT to understand the desolation of the area, don't you think?). Mary's mother even gave her a jug of water when they left because they wouldn't get any more until they got to En Gedi. Remember that we went to En Gedi, and remember how all our bottled water was labeled "En Gedi?"



Tomorrow won't be as much fun because I have to work, but I'm down to 11 days of work now, and I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to babysit! Samantha and Emily are going to help me decorate my tree, and maybe even the whole house!



You know, I think I'm going to ENJOY Christmas this year!! What a concept! It has been a long time coming...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Wow - what a day!!!!! Yea!!!!!! Mine was so great, too - Our church was wonderful, prayer this morning was wonderful, and yes, Kathy, I LOVED the movie!!!! I actually cried quite a bit - it just moves me - the humility of our God - and the fact that He had the first coming down = he knew what He was doing, just as He does with His Second Coming!!!! love you - Annette

     
  • At 7:51 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Hey, I didn't know you saw it, too. Yeah, I cried a lot, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home