Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Babysitting Today


Fun day today! Emily and I have put stickers on Christmas tree decorations, played computer games on the PBS Kids website, watched the Disney Channel, gone to McDonald's for lunch, and rented some movies.
We also went to Heritage and measured the closets so my Mother will know how many feet of hanging clothes she can bring when she moves. (She has WAY too many clothes, even after two sessions of thinning them out.)
Luckily both closets are huge. The apartment is empty and ready for occupancy as soon as we have time to move her. Definitely by the end of December, although probably not before Christmas. We'll probably have our traditional Chinese restaurant Christmas dinner in Little Rock. Ginger, Todd probably isn't ready to plan yet, but keep it in mind, ok?
Emily is napping now. I'll wake her up when it's time to pick up Samantha from school.
At 5:00 we'll go to Parents' Night at Pyron. Samantha will get to make a gingerbread house.
I really like this grandmothering stuff, and it's good practice! I've got the girls two nights this time! (We never get everything done when they just stay one night.)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Kerri said...

    Thanks for your post. I don’t know if you’re familiar with Maya & Miguel, a show on PBS in the afternoons -- http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel -- that emphasizes cultural diversity and language learning but I’m reaching out to talk to parents about the program as part of a marketing project I’m working on with Scholastic.

    I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at Kerri@boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

    If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

    Kerri Roberts, BoldMouth

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home