Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I LOST TWO MORE POUNDS!


That's a total of 11.6 lbs. since October 15! My goal is to lose 17 by New Year's Eve and fit back into my jeans!

I'm going to just post the weekly update I have to submit to my Dr. Nick website.


I’m pretty amazed that I lost two more pounds! This whole journey is such a miracle, in fact! I normally gain 7-10 pounds during “the eating season,” as someone called it, but I’m actually LOSING this year!

I think I understand a tiny bit how those of you on liquid fasts have the advantage during this season, because I have given up sugar for another 40 days, and it’s a wonderful blessing! That one decision means I’m FREE from so many other decisions! I don’t have to struggle every time I’m faced with the CHRISTmas “treats” that I would normally binge on!

John Piper says, “The greatest enemy of hunger for God is not poison, but apple pie.” This year I want my hunger to be for God! I want to make the holidays truly HOLY DAYS this year! (After all, it’s not MY birthday!)

So here’s to THE HOLY DAYS! May our sacrifice be pleasing to our Lord and Savior, who sacrificed his whole life for us!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    This is so exciting to me - this is the "thoughts" behind the call to prayer and fasting at IHOP - the bridegroom fast - we are mourning and fasting because the bridegroom isn't here - I think this teaching has helped me the most with my eating - our deepest longings really are for more of the presence of the Lord - wow -

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Well, you never had a problem with eating that I could tell, but the concept has definitely changed you in other areas, so I believe you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home