Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, December 29, 2006

Shopping in Russellville Today

I had to go to Russellville to buy some stuff for my mother's house today. (Our Wal-Mart didn't have much.) I got to Hobby Lobby shortly after it opened and hardly anybody was there, and I really enjoyed wandering around. Then I stopped and wondered WHY I was enjoying it so much since I hate to shop, and I realized that "Be Thou My Vision" was playing. I love it when that happens! Sometimes Wal-Mart plays Christian music, too (more contemporary, though).

It was nice being gone when the cable guy (I call him Larry) came to hook up my mother's internet, because when he ran into a problem, I just told Mother to get him to call Mark and explain it to him! Mark understood it, and life is good, because Mother has her internet again! I have to buy something (an airport??) before her laptop can be hooked up, but there's no hurry. She mainly wants to practice using a laptop in case she ever gets bedfast.

I weighed this morning, although my official weigh-in day will not be until Monday, and I have lost another pound! I feel like celebrating, and Joe and I talked about what we were going to do New Year's Eve. The E's will be busy with Mark's mom visiting, and so Joe said, "Well, do you want to go to the golf club and listen to drunks sing bad karaoke?" I think that was a rhetorical question! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home