Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, March 17, 2007

SUNDAY'S UPDATE (partially drafted on Saturday)

This was a pretty good week exercise-wise. I had three good runs, anyway. Of course, three is just maintenance. I know I need to run five days a week to see any improvement.

On Monday I ran 45 minutes at our church gym at a 13:29 mpm (minutes per mile) pace, which is pretty typical for me. Lisa joined me for the last half of it.

On Thursday I drove over to Paris for the running clinic. My hairdresser Chandra met me and ran with me. She lives near there anyway, and she has always wanted to run a race, so we’re training together for the big race May 12. Lisa says she’d like to do it, too, so I’m hoping at least one of them will!

On Saturday Lisa and I wogged at the church gym again. She walks fast, I jog slowly beside her. I can’t believe how perfectly it works out! We did 45 minutes at a 13:08 pace, which is a little faster than usual for that long. My shoe chip/Nano let me down, though. Lance Armstrong didn’t congratulate me for setting a personal record. I don’t know what was up with that. I wuz robbed!!

It really felt good to run all three times! I’m grateful for a healthy body and young friends to run with. I wish I could get the motivation to do it alone, though. I used to be perfectly happy running alone. I don’t know what’s up with that either. I'll figure it out later.

Weight-wise, I stayed the same. I’m still not losing because I’m eating pretty willy-nilly, no plan, some emotional eating, and I really don’t even care until I read something in the Bible like this from 1 Corinthians in The Message:

“You know the old saying, “First you eat to live, and then you live to eat.” Well, it may be true that the body is only a temporary thing, but that’s no excuse for stuffing your body with food…

Since the Master honors you with a body, honor him with your body! God honored the Master’s body by raising it from the grave. He’ll treat yours with the same resurrection power. Until that time, remember that your bodies are created with the same dignity as the Master’s body.”

And later it says: “Or didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? They physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.”

I still can’t talk about the difficult emotional situation I’m going through, but the pain comes and goes. I actually had four great days with no emotions at all! I really think it was a small miracle, and I’m still amazed that it happened! However, my emotions came crashing back, and Friday was a very bad day. Yesterday was better, though, so I’m not in despair!

So I guess I could recap my week with the opening line of Dickens’ Tale of Two Cities: “It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.”

And isn’t that true of life in general? I’m so glad I’ve got HEAVEN to look forward to! We’ll have only the BEST times there! I can’t wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home