Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, December 16, 2006

SHOPPING SADNESS


I have tried very very hard NOT TO SHOP this Christmas. My mantra has been, "No presents to or from me, and I mean it!"
So what did I do all day today? SHOP!! But it HAD to be done because I needed to completely furnish my mother's apartment at Heritage Inn so she can move here the day after Christmas.
I was totally worn out by the time I got home, but Joe and I went to a wedding anyway. We'd planned to eat supper afterwards with the E's, but I didn't have the energy. I had a bad stress-related meltdown this morning , and I felt close to another one!
I DO have a feeling of satisfaction about all the furniture I found, but I've always felt like if you're too tired for friends, you're too tired. I was too tired tonight, and that made me sad.
I shouldn't complain, though. At 88, it's a blessing that I can move Mother to an independent living center and not some horrible nursing home, after all.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Hi, I'm back - I'm exhausted, but exhilarated - Natalie's graduation was awesome!!!! I am definitely committed to help them keep on at Teen Mania - I missed you and I have a busy week - wow, your mom is moving the day after Christmas - what are you doing for Christmas?

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Glad you're back. Sorry you're so busy, though.

    We'll just do our traditional Chinese dinner in LR and then start loading Mother's stuff.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home