Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Allergy Attack!!!!

This is me. Horrible allergy attack. Please pray for me! I've been resting the best I can today (between sneezing and nose-blowing episodes). We're taking Quiznos over to the E's house when they hit town. I missed them, but I actually did pretty well until I saw the close-up of Emily roasting marshmallows on the video Mark posted on his blog (me-log.blogspot.com). It absolutely melted me. I'm so glad they're almost back!

Later--It was great seeing the Es, and I didn't sneeze ONCE until we pulled back in our driveway. It must be something in my yard! I sat on the deck a lot yesterday--wish I hadn't.

Here's something else to pray about from Fox News. The woman has been missing a week now--

The husband of the Alabama woman who disappeared from CenturyTel Center on Saturday headed to Bossier City on Monday to meet with police investigators. Meanwhile, officials at CenturyTel are compiling surveillance video from evangelist Beth Moore's women's conference to give to police.

"We are going to brief Mr. Smith on the little information that we have right now," Mark Natale, Bossier City spokesman, said. Mary Byrne Smith, mother of two, traveled from Summerdale, Ala., with a friend to attend the Living Proof Live conference, which drew about 15,000 other women.

She left her friend about 11 a.m. to go to a concession stand, police said, but the 30-year-old never returned. There is no word on Smith's whereabouts. Police have no evidence indicating Smith is the victim of foul play, but friends and family say it's out of character for her to leave without contacting someone.

"We haven't ruled out foul play, but we have no evidence of it," Natale said. "We've looked over some video taken from the event and there were no signs of Mrs. Smith. ... There was no one else that we know of who saw her but the friend. And we aren't aware of any connections she had with this area."

Police are checking the woman's cell phone records and credit cards. She and her friend drove in the other woman's vehicle to Bossier City on Friday and checked into a local hotel, Natale said. They checked out of the hotel Saturday before going to the conference.The friend has returned to Alabama, police said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home