Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Monday, March 19, 2007

"There is no God like you in the skies above!"

I had a choice tonight. I could watch an episode of CSI about a really hairy woman, or I could watch the sun go down. You see what I chose.

I've been reading 2 Chronicles in The Message lately, and this is what Solomon did after he finished building the Temple:

"Then he knelt in full view of the whole congregation, stretched out his hands to heaven, and prayed." (That part reminded me of Mark, but that's beside the point. Ha!)

This is what Solomon prayed--

"God, O God of Israel, there is no God like you in the skies above or on the earth below, who unswervingly keeps covenant with his servants and unfailingly loves them while they sincerely live in obedience to your way."

Sometimes I see God in the skies, especially in sunsets, and I feel very loved, don't you?

By the way, Mark blogged about worship in heaven today! Read it if you haven't! (me-log.blogspot.com)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home