Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, April 14, 2007

FOUR GOOD THINGS ABOUT TODAY!


A sweet young 4th-grade teacher in our church, Michelle Dobbs, had to drive in the bad weather all by herself to get here (her sister was supposed to come with her and didn't). Well, I think God decided to reward her for that--SHE WON THE GRAND PRIZE IN A DRAWING--A CRUISE FOR TWO!!

Chonda Pierce talked about clinical depression. She recently spent some extended time in a psychiatric hospital. Turns out that creepy pastor/dad of hers who ran off with another woman sexually abused her, too! And remember she'd had two siblings who died. She also had some serious codependency issues. She's on some kind of antidepressant now and really thinks it's God's provision for her. She came down pretty hard on people who judge other people for being on medication for depression. (Hear that, Steve Ayers?)

And guess what, Annette!? Lisa Harper (who used to run the Focus on the Family retreats) talked about your favorite subject--Song of Solomon!

And tonight I'll get to hear Michael W. Smith LIVE for the first time. I'm considering going early to get a seat in front, but I guess I'm too old to act like a groupie. Oh, heck, I don't care. Old people can do whatever they want to, can't they?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    Sounds fun!

    I have four good things today, too.

    1) I praticed with "Beyond Walls" and it went great. I always have a lot of fun with them. We sang "California Dreaming" with and strong foreign accent,'nuff said!
    2) I sold a house.
    3) I got to do prom makeup for one of my LCBS girls. And she was beautiful I might add.
    4) Indi Sky Minett... (drumroll)...took a nap willingly!

    God is good!

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Cool! I was just asking Lisa if she'd heard how the practice went. Is Mark's voice ok now?

    Indi took a NAP????!!!!!Wow!

    You sold a house?? Wanna lend me $150 for a new Nano?? Just kidding--well, sort of!

    Hey, do my make-up when we sing with the mass choir at the IWI, ok? I looked as white as a ghost on the DVD!

     
  • At 7:30 PM , Blogger Sue Brazell said...

    Noah wasn't too sure about the thunderstorms yesterday but he didn't freak out! One of my neighbors blocked my car in today so I took the opportunity to read my Bible, pray, rest & relax!

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    wow - I'm looking forward to hearing about what she said about Song of Solomon!!!! When do you guys come home?

     
  • At 12:30 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Good attitude, Sue!

    Well, Annette, she said that earlier in the book her boobs were like twin gazelles, was it? But later they were like hanging grapes. Passage of time, I guess.

    Sorry, I didn't take notes and that's all I remember.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home