Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, April 13, 2007

We're off!

Here we are leaving Clarksville for Branson (I know, the ultimate redneck vacation spot)! That's Gretchen Teeter outside with me, and Diane Collins (I know it doesn't look like her) and Terri Bridges, our driver, inside.

We ate a fancy lunch at Chateau On The Lake (I had quiche) and then went to the blue-roof outlet mall. Joe needed a new wallet from the leather store, and I could get it 25% off if I bought a purse, too, so I did. He'll be so impressed that I saved him money!

I also got some new shoes, because a new purse deserves new shoes, don't you think?

And I got a newborn pink outfit for my granddaughter!

Terri and Diane are leaving to shop more, I think, but I'm staying in here at the Clarion. It's has GREAT windows (it's rare to stay in a hotel that isn't DARK) and a balcony, although it's too cold to sit outside. (In fact, it HAILED while we were at the mall!)

I've been talking to Annette, but my cell phone keeps dropping her. Their new church has a praise service with a band!!!! Woohoo!!!

I think I'll take a nap. I kinda overdid it running yesterday, and I can feel it today. I'm not as young as I used to be....

4 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    I like quiche. And I am glad you are having a good time with the girls. Tell Gretchen that she's lovely, and the rest of you are pretty darn cute, too!

     
  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Hey, you won't believe what I am getting to watch on GodTV tonight - Acquire the Fire straight from Detroit and the Israel Mandate from IHop - I'm not kidding - I'm not a TV person, but this is different!! I've even been dancing - you guys check it out!!!

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Dang! That's probably like your dream night, huh?

    There's really a TV station called GodTV????????

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    yes - do you have satellite? You can find the number if you look up godtv.com - ok, goodnite - I'll reply tomorrow and then will be gone for a week before I see a computer again -

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home