Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm happy today!

Yesterday I felt very somber, but today I feel plain silly, as you can see!
.
Annette called yesterday and we laughed as she told me how a computer at Cracker Barrell fired her! Seriously, her cash register didn't come out right at the end of a busy night, and it said, "You have been terminated!"
.
Then Sandy gave me a beautiful pink baby quilt she made for my granddaughter! Ginger is coming today so I'll give it to her. I'm excited about seeing her, and I'm glad I'll have my husband, daughter, and mother in the second service with me tomorrow.
.
Also Lisa called this morning, just to talk. I always love to talk to her. We're going to Branson next weekend with a bunch of FBC women, and she's trying to figure out who can help with the girls while she's gone because Mark will be tied up some of the time.
.
I can't wait until church tomorrow! The choir is singing an awesome song, "Saved the Day," and Spring came up with a great drama!
.
And I'm happy today because Jesus didn't stay in the tomb very long! He is risen!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Hallelujah!!! God has really helped me from my "firing". I don't quite understand why it had to end that way, but I am really about to walk into something new in Him. I'm actually relieved, the job had become quite stressful and lonely - lots of changes in management. I leave for License to Preach School next Sunday and will have plenty of time to read the 4 books I have left to read for that. His ways are not our ways, but how glorious are His ways!!! I'm so excited about your great day tomorrow, Kathy - I have lots of worship time and celebration tomorrow, too. HE IS RISEN!!!

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    HE IS RISEN INDEED!

    We usually call each other on Easter morning to say that, but I have to be at church at 7:00 tomorrow, so we can consider it done early!

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Sue Brazell said...

    Oh...Annette what a strange way to be fired from a job! God does work in ways that we would never dream of but His timing is always perfect!

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Thank you, Sue - ok, Kathy, even though I have to be at my church tomorrow at 6:15, so, I might do it again. I just saw this wonderful church put on the Easter story - it was beautiful - Jesus truly is amazing!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home