Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I DID IT!!




The race was a blast! There were nearly 1,000 women running or walking! You can't see me in our team picture because I was in the back, but there were 28 of us from my clinic. The bottom picture is me with Karen, our director, and Susan, a Scranton teacher I've known for years.
.
I didn't run as fast as I wanted to, but I DID run EVERY STEP! I wasn't really focused on speed--too much to look at! People had gotten out earlier with chalk and written messages all over the road, and I read them all! I also slowed to exchange "God bless yous" with all the Christian motorcycle people who were at the corners stopping traffic for us.
.
I got a chair massage afterwards (nice!) and then wandered back over to watch some of the walkers come in. We clapped and cheered for a blind woman with her guide, a mom with a baby in a stroller, and several very obese women who were obviously just happy to finish.
.
Thanks to everyone who encouraged me! Next goal--the Peach 4-Miler in July! You may wonder WHY I would want to RACE, since I'm nearly 58 years old and so SLOW. The answer is because I CAN! It's how I celebrate my health! To God be the glory!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home