Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Intimacy With Christ


Danny Leeds led Bruce's LCBS class this morning, and he talked about intimacy with Christ. He quoted someone who said "God is interested in every affair of the heart." Not just the big things, but everything. It's a moment-by-moment thing. At any given moment, either I'm following MY agenda or GOD'S agenda. He said we can't stay the way we are and go with God, and the battle will be won or lost at the threshold of the mind.
.
I'm so blessed that I got to retire and I can put my entire focus on Christ! I can't wait to see what he'll do in my life when I give him full control! Yeah, I know I'm already a Christ-follower, but not 100% of the time. Otherwise (true confession ahead) I wouldn't have wasted 2 hours last night watching "Scary Movie" on TV, nor would I have eaten a whole bag of marshmallows yesterday.
.
Today is better because I'm focused! It was a nice touch that the worship service ended with this song--
.
Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You.
.
More than anything on earth, I want to stay focused on Christ and follow hard after him--moment by moment.
.
Hey, I guess that makes today the first day of the rest of my life! I'll keep you updated!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    I love the words to that song too. More than anything I just want to have a passionate, on-fire walk that glorifies God. I'm finding that to be pretty tricky. Haven't quite mastered that thought-capturing and tongue-bridling part just yet.

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Ha! Join the club!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home