Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Joyce Meyer Conference, Part 2


I had a blast at Joyce Meyer’s Women’s Convention in St. Louis! The worship led by Delirious? was incredible! T.D. Jakes really spoke to me, too! (I brought home his newest book, Repositioning Yourself, and can’t wait to read it!) As an admitted conference junkie, I’ve been to a LOT of great conferences, but this one was definitely the most creative and excellently done of any I’ve ever been to.

Now that I hang around Creative Arts people at church, I’m seeing things I wouldn’t have appreciated quite as much before, like some very creative video clips. I even noticed swirly circle thingies on stuff, which I wouldn’t have except one day Mark pointed out that design on something he was branding.

I really admired them for keeping the registration so low ($55) while treating us like royalty! They sent shuttles out to all the hotels to pick us up. They also had fun give-aways recreating shows like Jeopardy and Deal, No Deal. And they sent one person to Macy’s every day for an
Extreme Makeover.

I was especially glad to discover that the emphasis was on helping the poor and needy, rather than personal prosperity. As Joyce pointed out, we’re ALL rich compared to most of the world. It was primarily geared to the third world problems of hunger and diseases like AIDS, but one day they called up a Katrina victim and gave her a new car and house! I was very impressed with the spirit of giving in that place.
.
The theme of the convention was PURPOSE AND PASSION, and she covered that in a nutshell with the scripture, "Serve the Lord with gladness." She said the purpose part was to "Serve the Lord," and the passion part was "with gladness."
..
Simple, yet profound. It was refreshing NOT to sit through powerpoints with flow charts and diagrams and words, words, words that take a simple truth and complicate it.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Awesome!!! I think I am a conference junkie, too - sorry I talked so long tonight - it's just hard to be quiet about all the stuff God is doing in our lives, huh?

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    You didn't talk too long on the phone last night!Doesn't everybody talk to their BFF for an hour?

    Next year maybe you and I can go to the convention together!!

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I love going anywhere with you!!! And I am eternally grateful for that trip to Israel - I think about it every day!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home