Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, October 12, 2007

It Was a Great Little Trip!


Look closely at the street sign. It says "Shiras," my maiden name. I went back to my roots yesterday.

I had a great time in Mountain Home visiting old friends. We’re all amazed at how QUICKLY we’ve gotten old. It seems like just yesterday we were high school kids, and now we’re grandmothers!

We looked at pictures from the recent class reunion, and they identified everybody for me. Everyone has changed dramatically, which shouldn’t be a surprise since we’re pushing 60! I forgot to take pictures of US, but I plan to go back in the spring, so I'll do it then. We decided not to wait for another reunion in 10 years to get together again because we might be dead.

We all agreed that we really LIKE the time of life we’re in. We’ve pretty much accomplished all we wanted to (accumulating way TOO much stuff along the way), and now it feels good that we can just “be,” instead of “do.”

Now it’s all about FAMILY, which it really always WAS, but now it’s clearer to us.

Then we went to Green Forest, where Joe took this picture of Annette and her husband and me at a Mexican restaurant. After the guys went to bed, Annette and I talked randomly until 1 a.m.


We got up early to come home this morning as dictated by our internal alarm clocks. The sun was rising and filtering through the trees at the Mossville cemetery.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home