Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Years the Locusts Have Eaten

Another thing Mark Buchanan says is:

The right thing is faith--to have faith in the one who doesn't always remedy life's unfairness, but who does far better. He redeems it--its unfairness, its brokenness, its disease and death, and He gives us back sevenfold all the years the locusts have eaten.

I can vouch for that!! Today I got to spend the entire day with the grandchildren God has given me, not flesh-of-my-flesh-and-bone-of-my-bone grandchildren, but grandchildren nonetheless!!

I lost a granddaughter, but God gave me TWO in exchange! Emily is the age Madeline was when she died, and Samantha is the age Madeline would be if she had lived!

Doesn't God come up with great ideas
???

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Feel as if the locusts are still chewing on me.

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ok, what does that mean??

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ok, I'm a dork, I missed that locust reference in the blog. My mind is the consistency of mashed potato, so I beg your patience....lol.

    Kathy, I'm so glad you have little people to love on, God is very good to us and fills all of our needs. :)

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Yes, he is, and yes, he does, Julie! Thanks for rejoicing with me!

    Hang in there, Hippie Chick!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home