Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Beyond Walls

For Carol and Susan (and whoever else wants to read this):

Here's my report since you two couldn't come!

Beyond Walls was awesome! They really cut loose and sounded great! I know I'm not a music critic, and I know Mark thinks I tend to be biased, but it really WAS wonderful! They sounded like they'd been together for years!! I hope they enjoyed performing as much as the audience enjoyed hearing them!

They also had printed information for anyone who wanted to take it. Listen to what it said:

"Beyond Walls is a music ministry composed of members and friends of the Creative Arts Ministry Team at First Baptist Church in Clarksville, Arkansas. The Creative Arts Team is composed of around 45 members and friends of First Baptist (hey, I'm one of them!) and is committed to lead that fellowship in worship on Sunday mornings at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. each week. If anyone is interested in a new church home, FBC is "A Place for You."

Beyond Walls' mission is to reach beyond the walls of the church to share the love of Christ through music. It is the sincere hope and focus of the band that everyone would have a relationship with Christ.

If you or someone you know would like to talk to or pray with any member of the band...Just ask. Thank you!"

Is that not COOL?! I'm so proud that I'm a member of a church that has people willing to do all that hard work in order to touch the community.


2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved your post, and it was such a pleasure to see you at the concert tonight. btw.....rofl= rolling on floor laughing. Have a great night!!!

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Dang! I may be too old and fat to roll on the floor!

    On the other hand, maybe I'm taking that too literally???

    And anyway, how would you ever KNOW???

    ROFL! (Maybe and maybe not!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home