Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wow!!

I had a great birthday! I think this was the first birthday I've been truly happy since Madeline died. It's so much fun being around little girls again! Samantha even gave me a Grandma card!! The Edingtons went to the Marina with us for supper, and then we went back to their house and ate cake--an awesome HOT TUB cake Lisa designed and made! I'm hoping Mark can post a picture of it on my blog sometime so everyone can see it.

It's really fun having young friends! I'm always amazed that they want to be friends with old farts like us, but it works for me!!

I also talked to both of my wonderful kids. I wish they lived closer, but I guess that's life. They're great kids and I'm so proud of them and love them bunches.

It's also SO COOL that Joe and I are still so crazy about each other after nearly 37 years of marriage.

GOD IS GOOD!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger laurajo said...

    I'm so glad that you had a great birthday. And who wouldn't want to be friends with an "old fart like you"-I'm only quoting you. I don't think you are an old fart. You are so fun to be with, you're loving and caring, and you make people feel good about themselves, so don't ever question why someone would want to be your friend.

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Aaah, thanks, sweetie! I love you, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home