Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bedtime Prayers


I wonder if those of you with small children realize what an awesome thing it is to tuck them into bed and listen to their prayers?!

Wait until they're grown and you'll really miss those moments!

I am very blessed that sometimes I get to relive those wonderful long-ago days!

My friend Lisa has the spiritual gift of hospitality, and awhile back she started inviting me to come over to her house on Wed. nights after church (her husband gets home late due to band rehearsal).

I was, and still am, absolutely enthralled to hear those precious girls pray!

Tonight and also Friday night I get to put them to bed and pray with them all by myself, and I can't wait!

I love being an honorary grandmother (I even got a grandmother birthday card on my birthday!), but I'm trying very hard not to spoil them too much so I don't lose my babysitting privileges!

But if the prayer time runs a little long and the target bedtime is a tiny bit delayed, what can I say?! It's hard to get un-enthralled once you're there!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Amen - I totally agree!!!!! Gee, I thought grandkids were meant to be spoiled - my daughter-in-laws finally have agreed to let me!!! You're right, Kathy, the perspective really changes with grandkids - God's idea of stages is perfect!!! Stages and seasons - I love season changes, especially nature ones! Have fun - I will be thinking of you!!!

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Really? I didn't think Christy would ever budge an inch! I remember when you used to get in trouble for giving Alaira juice instead of milk! Remember that?

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Oh, yea - they have finally learned that that's what I'm supposed to do - she ate almost a whole bag of cotton candy at Chuck E. Cheese the other night - And of course, Sherry never did mind -

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    For the record, we were only 5 minutes late!

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Me said...

    You put my kids to bed late! How dare you! JUST KIDDING! Thanks for loving my kids. I know they love you!

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    BUSTED!!

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger laurajo said...

    I know that when Izabell is with Mom, all of my rules go out the window. The last time we left her house, Izabell was running around in the parking lot in circles, screaming and singing at the same time because Mom gave her Chocolate cake, soda, and a bag of marshmallows. But that's her job and someday I can do it to Izabell's children.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home