Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This is for Spring





Spring posted a great comment that I didn't see until just now, for some reason. She was talking about the speaker we heard at Girlville Diner. This is Spring's reflection:

"She said, "Nothing you will ever do will make God love you more, but nothing you will ever do will make God love you less." I know, it's a very simple concept. But I don't think I knew that. I think I have been under the illusion that if I made all the right moves, was a servant, and faithful, that God would love me more than He does right now. The other side of that is that if I screwed up too bad, He might not love me as much. Not that He would stop loving me altogether, just less."

Spring, I thought that for many years after I became a Christian, too! In my MIND I understood God's unconditional love, but somehow I still felt like I was on a treadmill trying not to disappoint God.

I'm posting this awesome song by DC Talk that blesses me every time I hear it. Since you're a musician, I figured you'd like it, too. It's well-worth 99 cents at iTunes!

"What If I Stumble?"

Is this one for the people?

Is this one for the Lord?
Or do I simply serenade
for things I must afford
You can jumble them together,
my conflict still remains
For holiness is calling,
in the midst of courting fame
Cause I see the trust in their eyes
Though the sky is falling
They need Your love in their lives
Compromise is calling

What if I stumble,
what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and
I make fools of us all
Will the love
continue?

When my walk becomes a crawl
What if I stumble,
and what if I fall?

What if I stumble,
what if I fall?
You never turn
in the heat of it all
What if I stumble,

what if I fall...

Father please forgive me
for I cannot compose
The fear that lives within me
or the rate at which it grows

If struggle has a purpose
on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses
Will leave a deadly scar?

Do they see the fear in my eyes?
Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise
All the doubt I'm feeling.
Everyone's got to crawl
when you know that
you're up against a wall,
it's about to fall

I hear you whispering my name
you say
My love for you will never change
never change

What if I stumble?
What if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all.
What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You are my comfort, and my God.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    I love that song by DC Talk. It's one of my all time favorites. Yes, I agree...how can you function under the microscope of the world? Grace, baby...only Grace.

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    Thank you, Kathy, for thinking of me. I am in a wierd funk this week so far.I don't know what my deal is. Hopefully it's all hormonal or something.I love ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home