Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Beautiful Wednesday!!


This was a beautiful day! I was at Lamar working, so when I finished I went to Russellville and walked 65 minutes at Bona Dea (the longest trail, the Serendipity). The bad news is that I've developed two blisters, but I've got something called "Tuff-Skin" to spray on,and they'll be ok in a day or two. I'll just do Curves tomorrow and try walking again Friday.


Food: Raisin Bran, apple, small hamburger, banana, reasonable amount of spaghetti. And of course, mucho water, which is a given.

Spring, I really think I'm eating enough. I don't feel deprived. I think a lot of my eating in the past was totally mindless, and now I think about it to determine if I'm really hungry or not.

Here's a scripture I read and liked today: "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" Losing 33 pounds will be hard for me, but not for God, and I've known since July that he was offering to carry the burden for me. So, "Well, bless God, Amen." (Remember that, Spring and Annette? Hey, you two are probably the only ones who care about this adventure, so I really appreciate you.)

Correction: I heard from Julie, and I think Ginger is probably reading this, but I'm sure there aren't MANY people interested. Ginger, I'm going to start blogging about the high points of the Big Fat Greek Diet book soon, and I'll find what he said about various plans like South Beach.


6 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    go go go Kathy!!! You're off to a great start!! If the Tuff Skin doesn't work, try moleskin, Russ used those in the Corps when he would get blisters from 26 mile full pack hikes. And it's inexpensive!! Eventually, I'll join you on the road to wellville, until then, I'm still enjoying those blasted oreos!!! Love ya!

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Yeah, runners use moleskin, too.

    Thanks for caring and encouraging me!

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger ginger said...

    Yes, I am certainly interested in your dieting journey, especially since I'm trying to lose a few pounds myself. I'm running a 5K this weekend in Sherwood!

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Wow, that's great that you have a road race coming up so soon! It may take me until March 4 when we run the one in LR, but I want to hear all about yours!

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Well, Bless God, Amen - I do so miss IWI - I love mountain tops - I worked at Weight Watchers tonight - I am totally overwhelmed - soooo many very overweight people!!! I'm really going to try to press through and learn this - I have alot to learn!!!!

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    You can do it! Remember how you learned the Portrait Studio job? And Cracker Barrell?

    They'll love you!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home