Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daily Report for Tuesday

FOOD:
Skim milk, banana
Apple
Healthy Choice meal
Martha's Vineyard Salad (in honor of Cheerleader Spring!)
Banana
Mucho water
I RESISTED RUTHA FREEMAN'S FAMOUS PEANUT BRITTLE AT THE HOME GROUP TONIGHT, AND I REALLY LOVE THAT STUFF!

EXERCISE:
I did my hill at work in 65 minutes. My goal is to cut a little time off every time. I actually ran a little of it, but only downhill, of course! The temperature was perfect, the sun beamed through the trees, and autumn leaves crunched under my feet. I greeted a dalmatian and a turtle along the way, and THEN Revelation Song came on my Nano, and I just had to break out and run!

Back in the day when I had running buddies, we had 2 mottos: "I love hills--I get to see God work." And also, "Lord, if you'll pick them up, I'll put them down." There's nothing like my Monster/Friend Hill. I'll miss it when I leave...

GOD-THOUGHTS:
This is where I'll record random thoughts/scriptures/music lyrics that speak to me each day--

*Promise from God: "I will bring you back from captivity!"

*"Bring glory to your name." I'm changing my life FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!

*My prayers this morning: "Grant your strength to your servant." "I call to you all day long."

*Referring to stress-eating, Dr. Nick says, "Food was never intended to be Valium on a plate!" He recommends exercise for stress relief.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    I don't know what the doc says about eating, but it has been my personal experience that you gotta eat. DO NOT starve yourself, but just eat till your full. That's why I love veggies. You can eat tons of veggies and the calories and fat are virtually nothing. They are somewhat high in carbs, but are good carbs that process well with your system so they are the perfect food. The only downfall, you have to train yourself to love them.

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    And exercise IS a great stress relief!

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Yeah, sweetie, but you're part RABBIT! I watched you closely the day we went to C.J.'s, and you really LIKED that weird salad, which blew my mind! I mean, was that even real food? I didn't even recognize some of those things!

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Oberon said...

    ........the art of peace is medicine for a sick world......morihei ueshiba.

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    I'm all for peace, but that was just weird.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home