Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Who made God?




This morning I had a wonderful time reading Christmas books to classes for the very last time! I went to Altus and read to every class. (It's a small school.)

My favorite class was the 3rd grade. (Yes, THE 3rd GRADE. I told you it was a small school.) They absolutely loved Wombat Divine! One year I got to hear the author, Mem Fox, read it, and I did the best I could to read it like she did, minus the Australian accent.

In the book Wombat was so excited because he had always wanted to be in the Nativity play, and finally he was old enough to audition! He tried out for every part, but he wasn't chosen for any of them.

And then there were no parts left. Wombat hung his head and hoped he wouldn't cry. Suddenly Bilby leaped into the air. "I know!" he shouted. "You could be the Baby Jesus!"

"Could I?" asked Wombat. "Could I really?"

"Of course you could, Wombat," said Emu. "Fancy my forgetting such an important part! A Nativity without the Baby Jesus is no Nativity at all."

We had a great discussion about that last line. Everyone agreed that, yes, a Nativity without Jesus was no Nativity at all.

Then we started talking about how we wouldn't even have Christmas without Jesus!

Then they started asking other questions, such as:

*How far was it to Bethlehem? (Having just been to Israel, that was easy.)

*Was Joseph Jesus' father? (A little harder to explain.)

*Who made God? (OK, kids, it's time for me to leave!)

For some time now when I've been reading the Bible, I've felt like God has been telling me I could "take the plunder" when I left my job, but I didn't know what that meant. Well, yesterday my boss in Little Rock sent word to the office that I could KEEP any book I couldn't bear to leave! Woohoo! Wombat Divine is mine, mine, mine!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home