Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Monday, January 22, 2007

Romans 8:28


I'm so glad I joined BSF in time to hear the teaching on Romans 8:28--"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Julie, our teaching leader, used the analogy of a CAKE to explain it. She said that while the ingredients (raw eggs, baking powder, etc.) may not be good ALONE, when you put them all TOGETHER, they make something delicious!
One thing I always liked about BSF was their emphasis on God's sovereignty. The notes on the term "all things" say that "Absolutely all things that can possibly happen to us are so ordered and controlled by God that the end result is inevitably and utterly our good."
The notes also say, "There are many things that can defeat OUR plans--our sins and failures, others' opposition or jealousy, circumstances or indifference--but they cannot defeat GOD'S plans. He is the sovereign God. His will is forever being done." That is very comforting to me.
However, on the verse that says "We are more than conquerors," I still prefer what I heard Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel say many years ago. He said that after we have come out on the other side of a trial, if we have a testimony of praise to God for his faithfulness, we are conquerors. BUT if we can praise God while still IN the trial, THEN we are MORE THAN conquerors!
I want to be a MORE THAN conqueror in my trials!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home