Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, January 19, 2007

What's Your Worship Style?


I took an interesting test at blog.worship.com! Provided by NorthPoint Ministries, it's adapted from Sacred Pathway by Gary Thomas. I remember reading these terms in Purpose-Driven Life.
Anyway, it's supposed to identify whether your preferred worship style that of a Naturalist, Sensate, Traditionalist, Ascetic, Activist, Caregiver, Enthusiast, Contemplative, or Intellectual.

Here are my scores with their descriptions:

14 Naturalist: Naturalists Draw near to God through nature.

17 Sensate: Sensates draw near to God through the senses.

12 Traditionalist: Traditionalists draw near to God through ritual and symbol.

18 Ascetics: Ascetics draw near to God through solitude and simplicity.

12 Activists: Activists draw near to God through bringing about social change.

13 Caregiver: Caregivers draw near to God through caring for and serving others.


22 Enthusiast: Enthusiasts draw near to God through celebration and mystery.

22 Contemplative: Contemplatives draw near to God through personal adoration and heartfelt devotion.


15 Intellectual: Intellectuals draw near to God through their minds.


So now I know! I'm a CONTEMPLATIVE ENTHUSIAST!

What are you? Take the test at blog.worship.com (Jan. 16 entry) and let me know!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    I'm a sensational contemplative enthusiast with naturalistic tendencies.Thanks, good to know!

    Luv ya!

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Hey, I'm going to take it - cool

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Ok, I am a contemplate (24), enthusiast (21) with intellectual (19) and ascetic (19) close behind - I think that's pretty true!!! Cool test - it's good to remind us that we all are different - and that can be good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home