Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, February 10, 2007

My New Toy


I got my new high-tech Nikes today! (Mine are prettier than the picture, though-- they're white).

I found them on sale at Hibbets for only $79.99 (they had been $110, but they aren't the latest model anymore). Of course, the computer chip was another $30.
.
Thank God (literally) for Valentine’s Day because that was my excuse for buying them!

Lisa and I hit the roads this morning, each listening to our favorite music on our Nanos! We went to the Marina and back and also around her neighborhood. She walks fast (she’s 20-something years younger than I am and the perfect weight) and I jog slow (I’m 57, short-legged, and fat), and it works out perfectly! We wogged 45 minutes, which was 3.27 miles, at a 13:50 pace, and burned off 422 calories!
.
Is that cool or WHAT, getting that much information from a SHOE!?!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    that is sooo cool - takes me back to our running days!!! What fun!!! I'm very proud of you both!

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Yeah, we used to run all over Lamar and even ran a couple of races,remember?

    Unfortunately, Lisa can't run with me very often since I'm usually the babysitter while she exercises. Maybe God will give us the answer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home