Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A QUOTE FOR THE DAY


A comedian, Mitch Hedbert, said this:
"I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they just say 'Mitch,' and I say 'what?' and turn my head slightly."

I WISH!!! Maybe it'll be true in heaven!!


My dearest "young couple friends" are going out of town tonight, and I miss them already. At least they'll have to stay in touch--I'm holding their kids and dog ransom!


I'm glad Annette has called me a lot recently. We're always in a state of missing each other, even though we email often and she always reads my blog. The night of Dec. 6, 1985, she prayed for a friend, and BOOM, there I was the next day. We instantly bonded, and it doesn't even matter that she didn't live here long! Distance doesn't diminish friendship when it's a God-thing!!!

Also, a friend of mine who moved to California 28 years ago has decided to move back, so I'm picking her up at the airport this afternoon. I didn't see her ONCE in that whole time, but we never lost touch!

Hey, can I maintain friendships or WHAT?! I'm very loyal to my friends, and I love you all dearly!!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

    You ARE a great friend. We have this same loyalty, dedication and commitment for our friends in common. I am proud to call you my friend and love getting to know you.

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    I'm glad you're my friend, too, Steph!!

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I am so thankful for you being my best friend. You have really taught me alot about covenant relationships. I am eternally grateful and realize the sovereignity of God by allowing me to move to Lamar!

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    I'm thankful, too! Yes, the friendships God puts together are truly life-changing!

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Sue Brazell said...

    You are a very good friend! Just found out that my stuff won't get here until Tuesday but I'm managing well & actually I'm thinking maybe I brought too much stuff!

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Bummer! I'm sorry! I know you must be tired of camping out in your apartment!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home