Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Counting My Blessings


Stephanie posted a great entry today counting her blessings, and I decided I'd do that tonight, too. It's a good thing, because I'm feeling like I could get sucked into depression otherwise.
.
Shannon told me today that her amniotic fluid index is back down again. We were so happy when it went up from 8 to 13! Now it's borderline. (The fluid is what gives the placenta the nourishment so that Charlie can grow, as I understand it.) He has also gotten very still, and he's not big enough to be too crowded. Both of those things are of concern, but unless the doctor decides otherwise, she will continue to carry him until next Friday.
.
Here are the blessings I'm counting tonight--
l. God's grace is always sufficient.
2. God is loving and trustworthy.
3. I've got lots of supportive friends.
4. I've got my health, and can even run (slowly)!
5. I've got my trusty laptop!
6. I get to see Ginger on Monday, and I may get to feel Lainey kick!
7. Joe said I could get new Nikes even though my old ones are less than 4 months old. They have fallen apart! I'm hoping there's a warranty or something, but if not, I've got to have new ones.
8. We have all the money we need. (We live simply.)
9. I cooked some chicken on the grill last night, and it was good!
10. Tomorrow is Sunday. (I LOVE CHURCH!)
11. My kids are great and independent, and I'm proud of them.
12. Jody is far away, but sometimes Mark lets me mother him.To a point.
13. Mende is snoring behind my chair, and it sounds so cute! (Mende is my dog when the Es go out of town.)
14. I've had the same best friend since Dec. of 1985.
15. I've been married nearly 38 years to a great guy!
16.We have indoor plumbing and hot running water (which puts us in the elite, when you think worldwide).
17. Heaven looks better all the time.
18. I got to go to Israel. (It was incredible!)
19. Charlie's heartbeat is good.
20. I get to go back to the Worship Institute with several great friends in July.
.
God is good, and I'm sure Charlie will be fine. I just need to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus instead of looking at the waves!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    awww - best friend - I am very proud of you - keep your eyes on Him - Here is a great verse for you - Isaiah 49:23b - Then you will know that I am the Lord, those who hope in me will not be disappointed. I love you and pray for His spirit to be poured out on you extra measure.

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks--that IS a great Word!!

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger laurajo said...

    Thank you for praying with me this morning. I love to know that you are praying for me. When I start counting my blessings, I thank God that He put you in my life.

     
  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    It's my honor to pray for you and with you. You're a blessing to me, too. I love your heart! I loved how you didn't pause a minute, just went straight to the altar. It's my favorite place, and I love to meet you there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home