Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Annette is here!


I was looking on the internet for a friendship picture, but they were all too "fuzzy kittens and cute puppies."
.
When I found this one, I started thinking about what a risk friendship really is, yet how it's sooooooooo worth the risk.
.
When I met Annette, we hit it off immediately and became fast friends. We shared our secrets (mostly mine) and our insecurities (mostly hers), and while we both had our "uniquenesses," we soon discovered we were NOT psycho!
.
Within three weeks of meeting, we had made a commitment to each other to always be friends, and we've kept up our friendship even though she moved a couple of years later and has lived six or seven places since then.
.
That was in 1985! Just wanted you to know that I'm capable of sustaining a friendship over the long haul, bloggerbuddies!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger Spring said...

    It's awesome that you two have held your friendship together through it all! I like that you made commitments to each other.
    Love ya!

    P.S. Who said you guys weren't psycho? ;)

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Ha!

    Self-diagnosis, the best kind.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

    Okay Kathy, the fact is We are women - we ARE sometimes psycho. But to have friends like you - we don't have to pay a shrink!ha

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    ha - I love this post and I am so thankful for what God has done for us - I'm also thankful for all the other friends God has given us, too - like Donnie always told my kids - "There's enough love to go around" There really, really is -

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home