Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, June 15, 2007

Ruth Graham

Billy Graham's wife just died. I always liked her. Two stories I've never forgotten reading about her:

Once when her kids were little, she was taking them to Sonic, and one was misbehaving, so she threatened to put him in the trunk. He continued, so she pulled over and did it! When they got to Sonic, she got their food, opened the trunk, gave him his food, and shut it! The kids remember the story fondly.

And when former-slimeball Jim Bakker got out of prison, she took him into their home! He was carrying his money and personal effects in an envelope, and she rummaged around in Billy's drawer and found a new wallet and gave it to him.

I guess I've always remembered those two stories because they shocked me! She must have been very secure in who she was and unconcerned about how people might judge her. I like that in a world-famous-evangelist's wife, don't you?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Hey Kathy,

    I rejoice in her face to face reunion with the Lord and I'm praying for her family. What an exciting journey she's just embarked on!!! But, I liked your stories, thanks!!

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    yes - I, too, have always liked her - she's having a ball right now - wow

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger laurajo said...

    Would I get put in jail if I put Izabell in the trunk?

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Oh, yeah, times have changed! I used to ride in the back of a pick-up when I was a kid!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home