Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Goodbye Retreat Time


Well, it’s over and I feel sad. It was a wonderful three days of retreat! I didn’t realize you could go on a retreat and not spend a penny for food, transportation, or lodging! I would have stayed an extra day or two if I could’ve!

But tomorrow I have to come back to the real world. Take my mother to get some diabetic shoes tomorrow morning. Take her to lunch (just fruits and veggies for me today). Take her to the beauty shop this afternoon. Go to the dreaded Wal-Mart. Get new tires. Go to the country club if the couples are playing golf.

Saturday I'll go to Berryville for my cousin's daughter's baby shower. Then I'll spend the night in Green Forest at Annette's house and go to their new church Sunday morning. I'll be back in time for choir and then a birthday supper and movie with Sue.

I’d love to do semi-regular 3-day fasts, but soon things will get busy again with BSF on Tuesdays and Cabot on Wednesdays, and I won't be able to get 3 free days in a row again. Maybe one or two days would still bless me, but I sure loved the 3 days all together!

I was really dreading the fast, but it was PURE JOY. Mostly God told me he loved ME--and YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home