Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The time is NOW!!!!



Well, tonight's the night! It's gonna be WILD and WONDERFUL!! I love what Rick Warren says on Day 40 of our 40 Days of Community book:

*Worship is a festival, not a funeral!

*It's ironic that in our culture it is acceptable to get excited about anything except God. You can go to a sports event and scream your lungs out, jump up and down, cry, hug, and raise your hands in the air--and people will smile approvingly and call you a FAN. But if you show any joy, heartfelt emotion, or enthusiasm in worship, you're called a FANATIC.

*2 Sam. 6:5--"David and the whole house of Israel were CELEBRATING WITH ALL THEIR MIGHT before the Lord, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals." THAT MUST HAVE BEEN FUN AND NOISY.

*The Bible is full of celebrations--feasts and festivals and holidays.

*Rev. 5:11-13 tells us that heaven is going to be a giant celebration! Let's start practicing our celebration skills now, so our hearts will be ready for heaven!

I can't wait to celebrate with all my might tonight!


3 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I so wish I was there - I almost started crying thinking about it and wondering why things didn't open up - well, I trust God and I know you had a wonderful time - Praise God!!! By the way, did I tell you that Paul Baloche is leading a School of Worship at Honor Academy. Pray for Natalie tomorrow, ok? She is preaching!

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    There's always next year, Annette!

    I'll pray for Natalie--she'll do great!

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    Amen - new year at NOW and Jerusalem - (in spirit) Shalom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home