Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Sunday, May 27, 2007

MY PLANS


I'm heading into a couple of interesting weeks...well, interesting to me, at least, and maybe to my best bloggerbuddies!

Tomorrow (Monday)--Meet Ginger and Todd for lunch at Applebees in LR, go with them to buy a Tahoe so they'll have a safe family vehicle with a DVD player so they can bring Lainey to see her Grammy!
.
Tuesday—Prepare for our trip (pack, run errands like picking up prescriptions, going to the library, and getting the cute cowboy quilt that Sandy made Charlie). Most importantly, lunch with the Es to celebrate Mark's 5th church anniversary (which is Sunday, but I'll be gone then).
.
Wednesday and Thursday--Travel to Colorado in two days. We've done it in one day before, but it's too long and miserable that way. We’ll look for a motel with wifi so I can stay in touch.
.
Friday--Jody and Shannon will go to the hospital real early because the C-section is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. She doesn’t want the boys to come until later in the day, after she recovers from the surgery and is in a private room. (She said she wanted to see what the severity of Charlie's and/or her problems are, if any, first. She nearly died having her last baby, so we need to pray for her, too.) We can take the boys to preschool, but I think I might just stay home with them until she calls. Joe might go ahead to be with Jody, though.
.
Saturday--The boys will get to go to the hospital again, but then I think they’ll leave for their dad's in California for three weeks.
.
Until Shannon comes home--I figure we'll hang around the hospital a lot, if we're not too much in the way. Jody doesn't plan to go home at all while Shannon is in the hospital. He'll sleep in the room with her.
.
Wednesday--I think Jody will go back to work, and Joe and I will stay to help Shannon, if she wants us to, part of the day. Her mother will be flying in from Chicago later in the day. At some point Wednesday we'll start home.
.
Thursday--We'll arrive home!
.
Friday--I'll miss Charlie, but I'll be glad to see my friends again!
.
Saturday--I might go to Cabot to see Lainey's nursery, if it's ready. I'll post pictures if I do!
.
Sunday-Wednesday--Annette will be here!
.
I'm soooooo glad I don't have to work anymore! I went over there recently to cut out some VBS stuff, and my former co-workers are running around like hamsters on those little wheels, not the balls that move all over the floor, but the wheels that make a lot of noise but don't go anywhere. It's the busiest time of the year for them! I had forgotten how stressful May was, getting all those summer workshops scheduled and prepared. The reason I said the wheels don't go anywhere is that you schedule a workshop and find out some schools have conflicts, or you can't get the room you need, or too many people have registered so you need TWO of those, or not enough people have registered, so you have to call them all and come up with an alternative. You also order materials and either end up with too many books (with no place to store them) or not enough because people keep calling after the registration deadline either wanting in or out!

TGFR! (Thank God for retirement!)

6 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Spring said...

    Busy,busy girl! Ya know what, Joe sounds like a great dad. We'll be praying hard for you all. And we'll miss you.

     
  • At 7:32 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks--it's nice to be prayed for and missed! I love you and I'll miss you, too!

     
  • At 7:53 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Wow - I love all your details - you do have a busy life - and a good busy now - I'm proud of you for hanging in there and getting a good time in so you COULD retire!!! Keep us posted!!!!

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Blogger laurajo said...

    Will Annette be here when Titus is here?

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    No, I'll be gone when Titus is here, unfortunately. I'll miss the volunteer banquet and Mark's first two small group meetings, too. But I'll have a grandson to show for it!

     
  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    Who's Titus?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home