Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, August 04, 2006

Pondering the cheese grater

I keep thinking about what Francis Chan told us about a cheese grater as he held one up in church last Sunday. He said, "Do you think this cheese grater just showed up one day? No, someone thought to himself, 'You know what the world needs? Shreds of cheese! Little strips of cheese! I'll design somehing, carefully punch in little holes, and this will be my masterpiece.'"

He also said, "Do you have anything ELSE in your kitchen that can grate cheese like a cheese grater? Try a knife, a fork, whatever you want to, but there's NOTHING like a cheese grater."

He compared the one-of-a-kind cheese grater to our lives. We are God's masterpieces, designed and created to ___________________. DO WHAT???

You, my friends, will have to fill in the blank for yourselves!

Hint: It will be something that you are uniquely gifted for, something of which you can say, "I was born for this!"


And no fair being humble and saying you AREN'T a masterpiece, because if you do, you're saying GOD SCREWED UP WHEN HE MADE YOU!!

As my friend (whom I was born to support) says, "The lines will be open all night!"

6 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I truly believe, as I live and breathe, I was designed and created to be a Mom and love kids!!!

    Sounds like a cop out, but in all my life, I've never felt like I was doing what I was supposed to be doing until I became a mom.

    Gosh, I hope I'm right and I'm not supposed to be doing something else!!! lol.

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Not a cop-out at all, Julie!

    With four kids, you'd BETTER not think of something else you'd rather do! Ha!

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger laurajo said...

    I really loved what Francis Chan said about the cheese greater. It is so true that we spent to much time being jealous of the apple slicer.
    I believe with all of my heart that God made me to love on His children. I will never be jealous of another teacher for making more money or having more awards or having a better classroom. I know that I love my student and they know that I love them. That is what's really important. And there is no way that is an accident.

     
  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    God definitely has you where he wants you, Laura!

     
  • At 12:19 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Motherhood is my highest calling. Anything else I endeavor to do is secondary. I have always wanted to be a nurse and thought that it was my time to further my education this fall. However, God has made it very clear that I am to be home with the children He's given me and if or when He decides for me to step out...He alone will open the door without my pushing it.

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Hey, Hippie Chick, I've got a magazine you'd like. I'll leave it on the back counter at church!

    Annette, I can't imagine why your three lovely messages didn't show up. I'm sorry!

    As for me, I've got computer problems and can't blog at the present time.

    Maybe someday....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home