Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, August 19, 2006

WE ARE FAMILY!




"We are family!
I got all my sisters with me.
We are family!
Get up ev'rybody and sing!"

That song has been running through my mind today as I think about a little reunion of FBC women in Cabot yesterday.

Lisa E. and I, whose husbands were on an FBC golf trip, went to Cabot for lunch! Our husbands thought it was a little weird, because it took two hours to get there, we ate at a Chucky Cheese-type place (there were several kids involved), and we didn't even stay all day!

BUT we had a two-hour lunch with Debora Brown, Jennifer Barber, and Valerie McClaine (all of whom have recently moved to Cabot), and my daughter Ginger, who lives there. That makes six of us with ties to FBC!

I was reading in my quiet time this morning about how we are all members of one body, and I think our lunch proves the point. We all just BELONGED there yesterday! Yeah, it was a little trouble (for EACH of us) to get together, but it was worth it, because, after all, WE ARE FAMILY!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger laurajo said...

    I am sure it meant a lot to Debra and Jennifer to have lunch with you. I miss both of them so much.
    I dont think I know Valerie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home