Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bummed Out Tonight

I don't really feel like blogging tonight. I feel sad for a couple of reasons. Even watching "The Office" didn't cheer me up, and I love that stupid show!

I have a good friend who is being misunderstood, and that makes me very sad. A friend who is godly and sincere and hears from God doesn't come along very often, and I want to hang on to a treasure like that. I wish somehow I could fix things, but only God can fix this situation. I need to trust Him to do it.

Also, my daughter's school, Cabot Jr. High North, burned down today. You may have seen the fire on the news tonight. It's also Debora Brown's new school. Ginger lost seven years of teaching resources she'd developed, but worse, she lost books that were valuable to her, including her college poetry books. You'd have to be a booklover like she and I are to understand that kind of loss, but it's like, well, losing treasure!

On the other hand, I can treasure two little blessings today. Spring invited me to eat lunch with her next Tuesday, and Lisa went to Curves with me. It's so nice having young friends! I don't mind getting old as long as I don't get cranky like so many old people. I'm hoping I can be old and sweet instead.


Maybe tomorrow will be better! An old Pam Thumb song is going through my head. It said "Life is hard, but God is good." I KNOW that's true, even if I don't FEEL it.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks. I definitely receive that from you, Carol.

    I've seen you living out trusting God in hard times, and I see you shining like gold. I wanna do that, too.

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks, sweetie! I'm counting on young Spirit-filled women like you to be a good influence on me! I love you bunches, girl!

     
  • At 11:30 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Aw, I am sorry you're having an icky day. Even if you're counting it all joy, sometimes we just have a bad day. But, you of all people know that the his mercies are new every morning. Know that God will renew us andbe with us through it all...besides, remember he's already conquered the world so no matter how bleak, the world can't conquer us! Keep your chin up, Kathy!

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Yeah, that's right! I think I'll go to bed now so I can wake up to new mercies!

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    wow - that is alot for one day - I didn't know about the school. What will they do? Wow - poor Ginger - ok, well, I pray that somehow God will use this to bring you and everyone involved closer to Him - then that makes it all worth it! I love you and hope you have a better day! Annette

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Thanks, and thanks for calling me, Annette! I feel much better today!

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Me said...

    Remember, God created the universe! I'm pretty sure He's in charge. Wow, I need to listen to my own advice. Love ya!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Ha!
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home