Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Friday, October 20, 2006

Thoughts

My thoughts today have been on the account of King David wanting to buy a field, and the owner wanting to just give it to him. He insisted on paying for it, because he said he would not give a sacrifice to the Lord that cost him nothing. I know by not eating willy-nilly I'm not sacrificing a LOT, but it IS a sacrifice nonetheless.

Also, Scott, a guy on my Greek forum who has lost 117 lbs. said today, "I am a glutton, and all of the positive thinking in the world isn’t going to change that. So, the only real option is to place my appetite in its proper perspective; in submission to Christ." Cool, huh? (He's a real John Piper guy, by the way, and gave us a link to some of Piper's sermons we can download.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home