Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thoughts and Progress Report


Scripture for today (from Col. 1) : "To this end I labor, struggling with all HIS energy, which so powerfully works in me."

It's wonderful to be doing this on God's power instead of mine, which is ZIP. The only time I've felt deprived was when I had to pass up Rutha's peanut brittle, and to me that was turkish delight anyway. Remember in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" when Edmund's craving for turkish delight was so strong that he betrayed his siblings for it? Well, rather than giving me satisfaction like real food does, all Rutha's peanut brittle does is make me want more! In fact, ALL sugar does that for me. So I'm off sugar for at least 40 days, maybe longer. I already know what kind of sugar-free pumpkin dessert I'll have for Thanksgiving, and I'll bring it with me, Ginger. There will be other Thanksgivings. In fact, at my age they roll around quite frequently.
Food:
Breakfast--Curves protein shake
Lunch--Healthy Choice frozen dinner
Snack--a few baby carrots
Supper--grilled chicken, 2 steamed veggies
Exercise--Had to take a day off due to overdoing it the last 3 days. My body is very sore, especially my legs. I forget I'm not as young as I used to be.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I want the pumpkin recipe!!!!

     
  • At 1:07 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    Kathy - I have some leftover Curves protein shakes, do you want me to bring them when I come?

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger KathyH said...

    I'm having trouble finding the recipe, but I'll keep trying.

    Yes, I'd love to have your Curves shakes! You don't like that stuff?

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    well, I like it, but Em's not doing the Curves diet and I'm not, so, it's just sitting there!! I'll bring it soon - yea!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home