Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Today I got schooled!



Today I enrolled in a new school, "The School of the Feet." I've known for some time that one of the primary reasons I was retiring was in order to sit at the feet of Jesus and learn from him. I knew God was calling me to do more intercessory prayer than I've ever done in my life, and that will require more time worshiping and listening and learning from him than I've ever done in my life.

The problem was, I had plans today. GOOD plans, not bad plans. But MY plans. He said "no" and I was crushed. I was exactly like a spoiled child who whines about having to go to school.

Of course, the day turned out to be wonderful. I'm still a little sad I missed out on the other plan, but God blessed THIS, and he would not have blessed a plan that wasn't his perfect will.

It's funny how I've always understood that my money wasn't my own, but somehow I thought my time WAS. That's my big lesson for the day. My time is no more mine than my money is. It seems harder to give him my time than my money, but that's one of the things I'll learn in my new school. Today was a pop test and I almost failed it, but I'm new in school and I'll learn!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    that's awesome, and I think it is where I am, too - I get to stay home all day tomorrow - and worship and pray - I am preaching Sunday at a church of God - so, I'll get ready for that. Let me know if you read that book and what you think. I love God's schools!

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    I've started the book and it's good!

    Thanks for your sweet card, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home