Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Metaphoric (Is that a word, Ginger?) Sun


Well, friends, I intended to post a picture of a beautiful sunset like we always enjoy in Kansas, but the sun was obscured by black clouds. However, it seemed to FIGHT its way out to smile on us briefly, so while this isn't a pretty picture, it's a meaningful one!

We are at Colby, Kansas, not far from Colorado. We drove 650 miles and got in about 9:00--it wasn't even dark here! We're staying where we stayed last time, except last time we arrived in driving snow!

I only ask three things of a motel:
1. Cleanliness
2. Coffee early in the morning
3. WIFI!!!!

So here we are at "a motel with a number in its name," as Beth Moore says! $42 with tax!

Here's part of an email Shannon sent about 5 p.m. today--
.
"I had a rough day yesterday and was in bed most of the day... The appointment was good. Baby's heart dipped into the 60's a few times but he was reactive and passed the test. My amniotic fluid remained the same. Blood pressure still remains higher than normal but within reasonable measures. I am very anxious and emotional. Baby has dropped and I am contracting more. He is very low and busy. It looks like we'll make it til Friday! What a blessing. We made it full term in good conditions.
.
Isn't she a trooper?! Please pray that they won't make him (she didn't call him Charlie--wonder if they're rethinking his name?!)stay in the nursery or NICU after he's born, because they really want to have the "family rooming in" experience.
..
And keep praying the peace of God on us, ok?
.
Thanks! I love you all!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I love you and I am sooo excited!!!! Thanks for the great posting!!!! We're home now until we come to your house for conference!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home