Kathy's Korner

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM A WOMAN PURSUING HER SECOND CALLING

Saturday, October 21, 2006

My AWESOME Saturday


Most days I feel like I just WRITE about my life (in tedious detail) instead of really LIVING LIFE. Well, today I got to live life, and it seems strangely unnecessary to write, so this will be brief.
Food: irrelevant
Exercise: hiking
God-thoughts: everywhere

Mark called this morning and said, "Just say YES, and then I'll tell you what it is." I was bored and sad because it was a beautiful day and I had nothing to do, so I said yes!
"It" turned out to be a wonderful picnic and hike on Mt. Mazagine with his family. At first I thought maybe they just felt sorry for me because I'm a golf widow on Saturdays, but he said they really wanted me to go.

It was the most fun I've had in a long time! The scenery was beautiful, the leaves were incredible, the weather was perfect, and the company was delightful. On the way home we even stopped at Subiaco Abbey and looked at the church, which is something I've always wanted to do.
I love building memories with my "almost family," and this is a day I'll remember for a long time.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger Annette said...

    I am so thankful to watch God provide everything you need - it encourages me He will do the same for me, too - I love you and wish I lived closer - in heaven we will live right down the street, ok?

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger KathyH said...

    Dang! I always figured we'd live in the same house! With a hot tub on the deck! (Donnie and Joe could live there, too, of course.)

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    ok - that's cool

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home